|To apply for Funding you must register by:||January 13, 2015 over 4 years ago|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Ian Agol (University of California, Berkeley)
- Daniele Alessandrini (Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg)
- Francis Bonahon (University of Southern California)
- Richard Canary (University of Michigan)
- Bertrand Deroin (École Normale Supérieure)
- Ursula Hamenstädt (Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn)
- Fanny Kassel (Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques (IHES))
- Qiongling Li (Chern Institute of Mathematics)
- Kathryn Mann (University of California, Berkeley)
- Maryam Mirzakhani (Stanford University)
- Pranav Pandit (International Centre for Theoretical Sciences)
- Anne Parreau (Université de Grenoble I (Joseph Fourier))
- Maria Beatrice Pozzetti (Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg)
- Alireza Salehi Golsefidy (University of California, San Diego)
- Andrés Sambarino (Université de Paris VII (Denis Diderot) et Université de Paris VI (Pierre et Marie Curie))
- Tengren Zhang (University of Michigan)
- Christian Zickert (University of Maryland)
The Research Workshop of the ``Dynamics on moduli spaces of geometric structures'' will concentrate on some of the following general interrelated themes:
(1) Geometric structures on the spaces of geometric structures which extend and generalize classical constructions on Teichmüller spaces, such as the Weil-Petersoon metric, the pressure metric, the Teichmüller metric and its geodesic flow, Fenchel-Nielsen coordinates, Fock-Goncharov Thurson-Penner coordinates, and the symplectic and Poisson geometries
(2) Relations with harmonic maps, Riemann surfaces, complex geometry: specifically Higgs bundles, holomorphic differentials (quadratic, cubic, etc.) as parameters for representations of the fundamental group, hyperkähler and complex symplectic geometry of moduli spaces, lifts of Teichmüller geodesic flows to flat bundles of character varieties
(3) Asymptotic properties of higher Teichmüller spaces, including generalized measured geodesic laminations, Culler-Morgan-Shalen asymptotics of character varieties, degenerations of geometric structures and discrete subgroups
(4) Actions of mapping class groups and outer automorphism groups, properness criteria for Anosov representations and their generalizations, properness criteria for non-discrete representations, chaotic actions of mapping class groups and the monodromy map from structures to representations
(5) Classification of exotic geometric structures, tameness criteria, generalizations of ending lamination-type invariants to higher rank structures, rigidity and flexibility for thin subgroups, arithmeticity conditions, and geometric transitions
Bibliography (PDF)Show less
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Durant. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. If you are making your reservations on line, please go to this link. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page. When prompted, select the "Promo/Corporate Code" option and enter the code 123MSRI (this code is not case sensitive). Our lowest preferred rate is $139 per night for a Deluxe Queen, based on availability.
MSRI has a preferred rate of $174 plus tax at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. discount. To book online visit this page. You must select "My dates are: Firm" in order to use the promotional code. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page. When prompted, select the "Promo/Corporate Code" option and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates of $130 - $160 at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select “I am an individual traveler affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI.” When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (email@example.com).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Apr 13, 2015
Apr 14, 2015
Apr 15, 2015
Apr 16, 2015
Apr 17, 2015