|Registration Deadline:||October 31, 2019 22 days ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||July 08, 2019 5 months ago|
|Location:||SACNAS, Honolulu, Hawai'i|
- Katherine Breen (Institute of Pure and Applied Mathematics (IPAM))
- Anastasia Chavez (University of California, Davis)
- Wilfrid Gangbo (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Xinyi Li (SAMSI - Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute)
- Gabriel Martins (California State University, Sacramento)
- Robin Neumayer (Northwestern University)
- Marilyn Vazquez (Mathematical Biosciences Institute (Ohio State University); Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM))
As part of the Mathematical Sciences Collaborative Diversity Initiatives, six mathematics institutes are pleased to host their annual SACNAS pre-conference event, the 2019 Modern Math Workshop (MMW). The Modern Math Workshop is designed to encourage undergraduates from underrepresented minority groups to pursue careers in the mathematical sciences, and to build research and networking opportunities among undergraduates, graduate students and recent PhDs.
The workshop includes two mini-courses aimed at undergraduates, research sessions aimed at graduate students and recent PhDs, a panel addressing professional issues of interest to both, a reception open to all participants, and a Q&A with NSF Math Institute representatives.
The MMW is part of the SACNAS National Conference and begins with registration at noon on Wednesday, October 30 and ends at noon on Thursday, October 31.
Dr. Anastasia Chavez
NSF Postdoctoral Fellow in Mathematics, University of California, Davis
An Introduction to Matroid Theory
Recipients of SACNAS travel scholarships will be eligible to receive one additional night of lodging support through the Mondern Math Workshop. Those who do not receive funding from SACNAS are eligible to receive full support for travel and lodging (double-occupancy) and partial reimbursement of SACNAS registration fees. The deadline to apply for funding through the MMW is July 8, 2019.
- AIM (American Institute of Mathematics)
- IAS (Institute for Advanced Study)
- ICERM (Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics)
- IPAM (Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- MSRI (Mathematical Sciences Research Institute)
- SAMSI (Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute)
Additional funding provided by:
Oct 30, 2019
Oct 31, 2019